LA Temptation Update — Temptation Emerge From Training Camp Primed and Ready to Rumble:
We’re nearly into March, and LFL360.com beat reporter Brandon Chabner spoke with Coach Tui Suiaunoa about the LA Temptation and their exciting prospects going into the 2016 Season. Coach Tui feels this may be the most physically fit, battle ready and tested Legends Football squad he’s ever coached, and at the outset of this interview noted that the current group of 22 have all proven themselves to be deserving picks for the final Temptation roster.
With this in mind, here’s how the Temptation starting lineup is shaping up:
· At quarterback, Kadi Findling (last year with Seattle) and Kiara Patterson will continue to battle for the starting position, and according to Tui it is currently a tight race for the top spot.
· Tui continues to rave about the size and strength of his team’s imposing offensive line, predicting that huge holes will be opened up for Temptation running backs by Kia Ramos (left guard), Megan Hanson (center) and Sheri Awagah (right guard); these three should make life miserable for opposition run defenses, as they’ll provide perfect cover and running lanes for the darting and swerving cuts of running back Nasira Johnson.
· The wide receiver corps will be led by veteran Cynthia Schmidt (formerly with Las Vegas), as well as Brittany Henderson and two-way player Delaney Hall, who also plays safety. Tui also has been impressed by the grit and determination of the sole rookie to make the team, Angelina Arreola, another wide out.
· On defense, the Temptation remain a force to be feared and reckoned with, as Ogom Chijindu and Chelsea Haardt return as cornerbacks to patrol the secondary. LA’s dynamic corner tandem will be supported by up-and-coming safeties Lili Granstan and, as already mentioned, Delaney Hall.
· As for the defensive line, there’s no shortage of power, bulk and agility, with Temptation veterans Christina Sugarminaga and Quincy Hewitt leading the way, along with the hard to stop and athletically gifted Naja Christmas.
· Finally, opposing offenses will again have to contend with middle linebacker and defensive anchor Monique Gaxiola, who remains in Hall of Fame form and is being pushed to even greater heights by the impressive play of another linebacker, Susan Mapes.
All in all, Coach Tui sees this shaping up to be a great year for the Temptation.
Brandon Chabner, LFL360.com beat reporter for LA Temptation