Summer Olympics Update:
- When’s the last time we saw anyone get this worked up over losing a bronze? A very mad Mandakhnaran gets penalized for his premature victory gesticulations, and upon losing the match, his coaches do the full Mongolian Monty in protest … creating angry Mongos of the sort we haven’t seen since Alex (“Mongo like candy”) Karras in “Blazing Saddles”.
- USA makes Jamaica pay in the 4 x 400.
- Durant and the rest of the Americans beat the pants off Serbia.
- No surprise in the Marathon, as Kenya cleans up … winning gold with the elusive Eliud Kipchoge. Give Rupp from the US some serious credit for claiming bronze in only his 2nd race ever.
- When it comes to Olympic Boxing, Clarissa can’t miss, and her shield was impenetrable.
- Kyle “Mr. Freestyle” keeps the US’ hold on the gold in wrestling’s 97 weight class very secure.
- Bitter Serbs also must endure a finals loss in Women’s B-ball, when China comes from halfway around the world to serve up the win.