Summer Olympic Games Update:
- Phelps can’t dodge more gold;
- In a shocking development, the Williams sisters get run over by the Czech duo of Safarova and Strycova.
- Juan del Petro was all gassed up for his South American Olympics appearance, and it showed in the blistering forehands he was cranking out; Novak made it close, but his tank didn’t look completely full.
- Long day at the office for Long’s opponents in weightlifting. Incredible record set today in the Cling and Jerk.
- Brazil continues to shoot a lot in soccer, but for no apparent reason or purpose. Two 0-0 draws, thus far. Today, they dominated Iraq in time of possession, but were not ready at the moment of truth, including one botched breakaway featuring an open net.
- Kosovo wins medal #1 … a gold in judo.
- US jumps out to the total medal lead with a dozen, but is being doggedly pursued by China and Australia.