NCAA Football Update:
- Great Texas football match up, reminiscent of a Southwest Conf. showdown between Darrel Royal and Gene Stallings, turns on the arm of gunslinger Ehlinger. All this needed to conjure up the perfect memories was a barefoot kicker like A&M’s Tony Franklin. Or better yet, how about the toast of Texas, Russell Erxleben. Yeah, that last name sure works!
- Notre Dame’s attack sure didn’t look wimpy, being guided by back up Wimby, or perhaps the stinky Seminole D had something to do with it. #Seminoles #FightingIrish
- Swift kick to the groin, when D’Andre goes for 186 from the line of scrimmage; Bulldogs going through the motions of that seemingly futile exercise of trying to get ready for a battle with the great Saban. #Tigers #Bulldogs
- Too bad Army wasn’t today’s casualty … then we could say Knights slay Black Knights.#Knights #BlackKnights
- Boise’s rugged Rypien is starting to look pretty ripe for picking in the next NFL draft, with today’s game film being as much as you need. He may put up better number than his dad. #Bulldogs #Broncos
- Tigers burrow down and taser the Razorbacks. #Tigers #Razorbacks
- Isaiah helps fulfill the prophecy that one way or another Northwestern will eventually get noticed as a contender for the Big 10 title. Another less-than-sexy bare knuckles brawl ends well for the Wildcats. #Wildcats #Hawkeyes
- And now for this week’s loser in the habitual snoozer at Tuscaloosa … the Bulldogs of MSU. #Bulldogs #CrimsonTide
- Wolverines invade Piscataway and take the air game away from the landlocked Scarlet Knights. Another rather meaningless tuneup for the showdown in a few weeks with The Ohio State Buckeyes. #Wolverines #Rutgers
- As usual, the football Volunteers show no fear against their Border State rivals the Wildcats.
- Unranked Badgers get spanked in Happy Valley; no surprise as McSorley upstages Coan, who is by stretch a gridiron barbarian. #Badgers #NittanyLions
- Morgantown Grier continues to shake things up … in a good way … at home for WVU. #Moutaineers #HornedFrogs
- Wearing enough Orange to make Donald Trump happy, Syracuse stays smoldering hot and runs the score up real big against the Loserville Cardinals. #Cardinals #Orange
- Wolfpack are most hospitable hosts to their Carolina brethren from Wake, falling asleep in the final minute and giving up a crushing go-ahead TD by newcomer Newman. As usual, NC State’s football team never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. #DemonDeacons #Wolfpack
- Three yards and a cloud of green dust for the Spartans; a little more for the Bucks. For those how dare to put MSU in the Top 25, today’s display is certainly an eye sore. #Buckeyes #Spartans