- Cilic shows he’s not water repellent in rain delayed loss to Pella.
- Djokovic was ahead of Zeballos, but in thigh high pain, until he trained himself to ignore the pain.
- A plodding Wawrinka uncorks another major stinker and is rudely bounced out of the tournament.
- Nadal survives just a little push back from Kukushkin.
- Gilles the Gadfly Simon buries Berrettini.
- Muller can only mull over what might have been after the narrowest of narrow 3 set losses to one of the widest last names in tennis, Mr. Kohlschreiber.
- Jack seems only halfway repentant after being fined for failing to put a sock in it. The fact is, he really doesn’t have the game to succeed on grass, but in this situation, that isn’t enough to earn him a pass.
- Favorites Kerber and Mugsy struggle markedly, which could be a harbinger of good things to come for hardy, 25th seeded Serena.